Thursday, October 13, 2011

Less than 12 hours until Surgery

So I figured I'd do a quick post before bed (we'll see how quick it really is)! I'm definitely nervous for tomorrow, and getting really tired, so I'm really hoping I sleep good tonight. I know the surgery is considered "minimally invasive" but it's still surgery, I'm going under anesthesia, and getting cut open, therefore, scary! I met with Dr. Sullivan on Monday and he went over the surgery with me. I'm having a Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopy (sp?) (I don't feel like creating links tonight, so look it up yourself if you want!). After I am put under of course, he will make the first incision in my belly button. This first incision is critical as they are going in blind with this incision, if they hit an organ, the small incision will quickly become a large incision, so hopefully everything goes as planned. The second incision will be about 4 incisions lower in my pelvic area. They will then begin exploring my reproductive organs with the laparoscope. He is looking for endometriosis, scar tissue, fibroids, anything that could help explain why I have been unsuccessful in becoming pregnant. I'm hoping that he finds something that can be fixed then and there. A third incision will only be necessary if he finds something that he cannot easily get to. The other part of the surgery is the Hysteroscopy where they will look into my Uterus to see if they find anything in there as well, they will look in here with a small camera as well. Pretty amazing what technology can do. The surgery takes normally around 1 hr, but that of course will depend on if he finds something, what it is, etc. Along the way he will be taking pictures which Casey & I will get to see after surgery. So that's pretty much it for right now. I have to be at Sister's Hospital at 8:00 am, for surgery at 10:00 am. Hopefully I'll be released by mid-afternoon so we don't hit any Sabres traffic!! I know many people want to know what the Dr finds (or doesn't), so I promise you that you'll know, but don't be mad if you don't get a text/phone call tomorrow, I'm sure I'll be pretty out of it and sore. Anyway, I'd appreciate any thoughts and prayers around 10:00 am tomorrow morning. Have a good night :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment