Monday, February 27, 2017

Thinx Review

So Thinx...they're something I had been considering for awhile, but couldn't bite the bullet. I just didn't know...you've probably seen them in your Facebook feed as the "period panties."

Backstory, since I've had Remi and got my period back a few months ago, I have not been able to use tampons. I have used them since high school, and suddenly can't use them anymore. So now I feel 12 again having to use pads. Period talk is a little awkward for me, but I feel compelled to share my story, because it may help others.

Ever since I had Remi, my vaginal area has been very sensitive and "sore." I did tear quite bad with Remi and it was at the same exact place that I tore with Hank, so possibly a scar tissue issue? I plan on bringing this up with my doctor at my next appointment. Since my period has come back, the pain has become even worse. I've tried to use tampons and I can literally feel them inside of me and it's the most uncomfortable feeling and frankly HURTS! No matter what kind I use or how/where I insert it, or adjust it, it just doesn't work. My periods are also quite heavy. I do like using the soft cups but on heavy days they aren't practical or convenient because the only place I can change them is in the shower. So I've just been dealing with wearing pads...until this month.

I decided to give Thinx a try. Haven't heard of them? They are period underwear. You can use them on their own or as a backup to a pad, cup or tampon.

From the Thinx website (because they do such a good job explaining what they are): They're made up of four bits of tech that makes them anti-microbial, moisture-wicking, absorbent, and leak-resistant. The top layer fights bacteria and absorbs any liquid into the über thin layer right beneath it, so you always stay dry. This way, you can wear 'em all day long. And no, they don't feel like diapers, and it's not like sitting in your own blood. Boom.

They make them in different absorbencies and different styles. So you get what works for you. So here is my official review after using them for ONE cycle. At this point I only have 3 pairs of Thinx.

Day 1: Medium Flow: Used pads (because I didn't know exactly when I'd get my period).
Day 2: VERY HEAVY FLOW: Used pads because I only have 3 pairs and wanted to use them when I felt would work the best.
Day 3: Heavy flow. Wore ONLY the Thinx underwear. By about 3 pm, it seemed like they were going to "leak" so I decided to use a soft cup and had no issues the rest of the day.
Day 4: Medium flow. Wore ONLY the Thinx underwear and felt dry all day, no leaking, and frankly it didn't even feel like I had my period, which was awesome!!
Day 5: Light to Medium flow. Again wore ONLY the Thinx underwear and even better experience than the day before. 
Day 6: (Thinx were in the wash): But I plan on ordering more

I would HIGHLY recommend these for ANYONE. They feel dry all day long. You can't see the blood (AT ALL). They make me feel fresh (unlike pads). They're super comfortable!! I plan on ordering a few more pair so I can have them for backup on those first couple days and it'd be nice to have a pair at the end too and not have to worry about scrambling to do wash haha!! At the end of the day, you just rinse them out using cold water, and wash. I chose to wash them with towels, just in case haha. But they say you can wash them with your clothes, but I'll stick with my towels for now. Then you hang dry them (another reason I want more since they take longer to dry).

So if you'd like to give Thinx a try, here is a $10 off coupon for you (that helps me get $10 to use toward an order as well): http://fbuy.me/e2w41

Here's the product video too!! 

Feel free to ask me any questions as well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment