Saturday, April 27, 2013

37 Week Update

So I realized it's been awhile since I've posted an update, so I figured I should do one, especially since Hank could make his arrival anytime! I am officially considered FULL-TERM!!! WOOHOO!!!! And I am feeling it!! Haha!

Okay, so since my last post, things have been a little quieter but still very exciting!! We had our maternity photo shoot, which was tons of fun! You can see all the pictures here :-) It was wonderful and we had such a fun time! I cannot wait for the newborn photo shoot! I have a feeling that it will be amazing!! 

We also FINALLY picked up our new "Hank-mobile!!" It was time to trade in my Challenger for a new family friendly 2013 Dodge Durango! I am LOVING it!! It drives so nicely and the carseat even matches it!! :-) 

The Student Accounts office threw me a surprise baby shower which was amazing!! It was so thoughtful and of course the food was amazing as always! You can see pictures from the shower here :-) I got so many wonderful and thoughtful gifts! :-) 

I've been finishing up the nursery and it is really coming together nicely! It is a jungle theme, I hope Hank loves monkeys as much as I do!! I uploaded some pictures into a facebook album here :-) I still have to have Casey hang up the "Henry" wooden letters above his crib made by my awesome friend Beth! And I'll still probably hang up a few more appliqués to finish it off!! Now we just wait for his arrival! I also have my bags packed and ready to go in the Durango, come on Hank!! 

Hank has been a very active baby this last trimester, I sometimes describe his movements as violent! Haha! He likes to beat up his Mama sometimes! He's even getting such strong hiccups that make my belly jump! They are so funny! Such a sight to see! He even lets Casey feel him more which has been so nice! But it's only when Casey gets home from work when I'm sleeping haha! So he's still very stubborn! I am quite uncomfortable at this point! I'm very large and everything is a lot of work! Haha! 

My appointments have been going well, they are happy with my weight gain, how my belly is measuring and what a strong heartbeat he has! I've had some swelling in my feet which can get a little painful! I had higher blood pressure last week but thankful that was down this week! So hopefully it'll stay down the remainder of my pregnancy! Since I had more swelling on one side than the other, the doctors wanted to be cautious and make sure everything was fine, so I had an ultrasound of my leg to show there were no clots, I also had blood work drawn and a 24 urine collection, which all came back good! So definitely good news there! So I'm just coming home after work every day and elevating my feet to get the swelling down, some days are better than others with it! 

I guess that's all I can think of right now, we're just [im]patiently awaiting his arrival! We can't wait for him to come out and play! :-)



















1 comment:

  1. Even am very excited about my first pregnancy, we had planned for next year, i hope everything goes well. As of now gathering ideas and info. Thanks to you for sharing your story and experience.

    ReplyDelete