Saturday, April 14, 2012

7w2d post

I've learned a bunch of fun facts over the last few days:
1. My uterus has doubled in size over the last 5w, by the end of this week, it'll be the size of a grapefruit! Explains some of the growing pains I've felt!
2. Orville is about the size of a blueberry, only 2 weeks ago he was the size of a poppy seed! Orville is 10,000 times bigger than at conception!
3. I found an OBGYN article published in an OBGYN journal about early gender predictions. It said that if baby is on the right side of uterus, 97% chance of it being a boy. If baby is on the left side of the uterus, 97% chance of it being a girl. Orville is on the right side of my uterus! So we'll see, mothers intuition has been telling me boy, I can't wait to find out for sure!
4. I now have 10% more blood flowing through my body than 5 weeks ago. Casey noticed the other day how blue & prominent the veins were on my arms, which is caused by having more blood in my system.
I know there were other fun facts I found but pregnancy brain has kicked in and cannot remember them!!
We saw Orville's heartbeat on Friday, beating at 122 beats per minute, that was really cool to see! I can't wait until we get to hear it. I'm gonna order a Fetal Doppler, we should be able to hear the heartbeat within the next 4 weeks, I can't wait!! :) One other stat, I weigh 132.8 lbs, I've lost 0.6 lbs. I haven't had nausea or vomiting, but even though I am eating more, I've noticed I am eating better. I have a little bloaty bump & some of my clothes even feel tighter! So that's about it for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment